<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

Em got me How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson for our anniversary. It's great, and best of all it has luscious pictures. I showed my MIL the book when I got it. She found the picture for chocolate tarts with white-chocolate mascarpone filling and fresh raspberries. She said we needed to make it when the raspberries were in season.

But as you all know, that isn't going to happen now. So, ignoring the fact that everyone kept bringing over sweets, and the fact that she wasn't really aware of what was going on, I made them on Saturday. It's probably the last thing I'll ever make for her. She enjoyed it. She actually ate more than half of one, which is amazing because she isn't eating much now. And they were good. Really, really good. Even with $8/pint out-of-season raspberries. But I don't know if I'll ever make them again.

I actually modified the recipe (of course). Maybe I'll make it my own and call it Suzanne's Chocolate Raspberry Tarts. I don't know how we are going to get through all of the holidays without her. She and I would spend days in the kitchen together preparing.

God I'm going to miss her. I never even got to make the braised fennel for her.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?