<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 17, 2006

Cabbage rolls 

Cross-posted from my own new and shiny blog. I made these last week and they were fantastic.

Cabbage Rolls

Filling

Sauce

For the top

Drop cabbage leaves into boiling salted water; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well. For filling, combine ground beef, rice, onion, egg, and salt, pepper, cheese, and milk. Mix well and divide into 12 portions. Place a portion into the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around filling. Place in a baking dish. Place saurkraut around the rolls. Pour V8 and tomatoes over the cabbage rolls, and scatter the pepperoni on top. Bake covered in a preheated 350° oven for one hour. Remove rolls and allow to rest for 30 minutes. (Cabbage rolls are actually much better the next day.)

* I used turkey

** I didn't have rice (!!), so I used uncooked quinoa, and it worked very well.

*** I prefer the low sodium


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?