<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey noodle casserole 

A wild guess tells me y'all might have a lot of leftover turkey at your houses. I know we do. So today I decided to go old school and make turkey noodle casserole. Mark says it is casserole and not hot dish, and since he is from Minnesota and I am not, I'm going with his terminology. I didn't have a recipe, so I sort of just made one up, and it tastes pretty damn good. It also looks pretty good, considering.

Here's how to go about it:

1. Boil up a package of wide egg noodles.
2. While those are cooking, chop up a couple of stalks of celery, a couple of carrots, a red bell pepper, and an onion.
3. Saute above in a bit of butter.
4. Strip and tear up a couple of cups of leftover turkey. I used the dark meat for this, since I don't like it for just eating plain.
5. Once the veggies are soft, mix in two cans of Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup (or the low-sodium COM soup of your choice) and about 1/2 cup of milk.
6. In a big bowl, mix the drained and rinsed egg noodles, the turkey, the veggies and soup mixture, and a bag of frozen peas (or not, if you don't dig peas--I personally love peas).
7. Butter up a casserole dish (I used an 8"X12" Pyrex dish), transfer the mixture into it, pat it down.
8. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup bread crumbs on the top.
9. Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until everything is crusty and bubbly.
10. Eat it.
11. Get it out of the reach of the cat.

What are you doing with your leftovers? We've still got 3-4 lbs left, I think...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?