<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Somewhere around 15 years ago, my then-partner and I watched a movie in which a woman was trying to patch things up with her SO. She told him "I made you a dinner with all your favorite foods." This resulted in much hillarity on our parts, becaus there are many foods that I love which I would not love together. Or at least that I believe that I would not love together. We made jokes about fried-chicken-and-blueberry ice cream or crabmeat-cinnamon bagel crepes with hot fudge. Now, whenever I find a way to combine previously-unimaginable ingredients together, it thrills me.

My nominees in this category are:
onions and strawberries. Romaine lettuce, toasted almonds, a half honey, half balsamic dressing, sliced strawberries and sliced red onions that have had a nice bath in ice water.
cilantro, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds. Green mole, on top of polenta squares, served warm and with the option of goat cheese for the non-vegan guests.
honey, lemon, ginger and cayenne. From a great little restaurant in Reno, which apparently has a dessert that manages to combine carob. avocados and brazil nuts. The honey, lemon, ginger and cayenne was just the perfect thing when coming down with a cold.

Anyone else with strange-but-yummy combos?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?