<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

For Ladybug, it is the acid. She can't eat *cooked* tomatoes, or very much citrus or tropical fruit. She'll eat the avocado and grapefruit salad recipe from Greens (though I usually make it with blood oranges) and she also ate a salad I made on Saturday with toasted hazelnuts, hazelnut oil, mandarins and blood oranges.

Sometimes I like to think of odd "theme" meals. Sometimes it is an alliterative meal (pear and parmesan pizza) or a color theme (white is very popular with Ladybug). Recent posts make me think of a "foods that stain" meal-- tumeric and beets, though perhaps in separate courses. I make a lovely salad with blueberries (goat cheese, candied pecans and mixed greens), and dessert could be something with expresso and chocolate. Red wine for those who wish.

As mentioned in the first paragraph, I now have hazelnut oil. Are there any uses you'd like to suggest?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?